Friday, May 12, 2017

Friday encouragement, snapshots and good news!!

OK, so news after today, we will have finished another year of homeschooling, whoohoo!! It is a big accomplishment in my books and for my children. It isn't always easy, but we have learned so much together, not just in learning educational things, but our faith and the world around us too! Many times and I have said this before, I believe God uses homeschooling just as much for my kids, as He does for me! But even, better news....and this is just the best news anybody can get. Monday right before lunch, Aidan said he wanted to pray and ask Jesus to be his Savior!!! So yes, little man took his first big step of faith, becoming a believer in Jesus Christ (Romans 10). I love knowing that my family follows Christ and that they have made the decisions on their own with the Lord!! Thank you Jesus!!! 💗

This week our butterflies emerged from their cocoons, so it was perfect timing since it was our last week of homeschooling. Truly an amazing transformation they go through, just a great reminder of how awesome our God is! We also finished our co-op year! We had a lot of fun learning together, I am thankful for this group of families!
Good reads:
Want a low-pressure statement? “Apart from me you can do nothing.” http://www.christholdfast.org/blog/the-lost-art-of-abiding
Thank you, Lord, that you know us better than we know ourselves.  Thank you Lord for having good things in store for us, even in the midst of our pain.  Thank you Lord, that while your heavy pruning hurts and leaves a mark, we can be confident that you are using it to produce the best quality of fruit in our lives.  Fruits that spread your love and your glory to the world around us. http://titus2mentoringwomen.com/2017/05/pruning/
Two-year-olds have gotten a bad rap throughout the ages. Yes, they develop some strong wills. Yes, they are full of sin. Yes, they can throw a tantrum on the spot. But there is a whole other side to the coin that isn’t talked about nearly as much. https://thebeautifulordinary.net/2017/05/03/children-are-the-pruning-shears-joy/
Let God do it, momma. Don’t feel guilty for all of the “can’t’s” – smile in your heart knowing God can. http://www.sarahefrazer.com/2017/05/she-believed-she-couldnt-so/
Don’t measure yourself by Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook. Instead, measure yourself by the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1–17), the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1–12), and the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22–23). Judging ourselves by God’s Word creates true humility and reminds us of our utter dependence on Him. http://rachaelcarman.com/true-humility/
But Mom ... you have to read this: being appreciated cannot be your goal. https://www.paultripp.com/articles/posts/mom-do-you-feel-appreciated
Having moved so much, this post…I'm so, so sorry...you're welcome https://scottsauls.com/2017/05/jenmichelhome/

Snapshots of our week:
This boy dreams of having a dirt bike, Lord help me!
We finished these two read-alouds last week, we all agree these two are our favorites this semester. Stories of missionaries are so encouraging to our faith and seeing the work of God throughout the world is a powerful reminder of how awesome our God is!! Acts 20:24 But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
Saturday I planned our last week of school for the 2016-2017 homeschool year!!
Working hard on our last Monday of school!!
Little man and I relaxing before bedtime. I just love his smile, smiling is the best!
This morning we let our butterflies go. Such amazing beautiful creatures!
An excited crew at our last day of co-op for the homeschooling year!
Little man was excited about his "body" he made at one of his classes at co-op!
This beautiful lily was waiting for me at my doorstep when we got home from our long day, Happy Mother's Day gift from my mom. And yes it was shipped in a box!
I received my book today and have been reading... Lisa Whittle has written a book for such a time as this, no fluff, but to help us see the need to be strong in our faith. We don't have to be brave, but instead Jesus strong. I am able because Jesus is enough.💖 People are confused about beliefs, giving blind acceptance and wavering with the culture. We need to be prepared, halfway Christianity won't be strong enough. 🙏Praying, walk in the authority of God, be godly not god-ish, put on God's armor. Because of Jesus there is always hope. 🙌(And those were just my notes from the 1st chapter!!) #truthlove #goodconvictions☝️ #WarriorBoots #booklaunch
Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,
I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone determined to do His will. And I know that I will not be put to shame.~Isaiah 50:7


➽📓Linking up with Hip HOMESCHOOL Moms  The Homeschool Post  Weekly Wrap-Up 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks sweet friend!! Wish you were close to come and celebrate with us!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing up your first year! I think I have learned just as much (if not more than) my boys while on this homeschooling journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.