Friday, May 5, 2017

FRIDAY!!! Stop in for some weekly encouragement, good reads, and snapshots!



This mama teacher is tired and it is more mental than physical. So I am thankful we have one week of homeschooling left for this school year and then a little break. Co-op also wraps up next week for us. It has been a great year of learning and I look forward to next homeschooling year to start. However, sometimes there are just times when life drains you and that is ok, I know Jesus makes me enough. It is a cue for some rest and soul-care. 


Matthew 11:28-30 — “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”


 Laura Story from her song Whisper:
 
Whisper:
Even in the chaos I will rest
When I rush, when I race
Tether me to endless grace
And I will surrender once gain
...
In the stillness there is healing
In the calm You mend my soul
In the silence You are speaking
I am not alone


Good reads: 
My children have been so instrumental in my spiritual growth, it’s scary for me to imagine where I would be now without their pruning influence on my life. And whether you have children of your own or not, if you invest in the children around you—nieces, nephews, neighbors, kids at church, foster kids, orphans—then God can and will use them to prune away the parts of you that need to die and grow fruit in you in a unique way. https://thebeautifulordinary.net/2017/04/20/children-are-the-pruning-shears-love/ 
No matter what my day brings, no matter the chaos which surrounds me, Christ needs to be my center and my focus. I need to choose to dwell on what pleases my Father, and brings me into His presence. Through practice, dwelling on these things will lead to a life well-pleasing to the Lord and peace of mind. https://thehomeschoolmomblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/dwell-on-these-things/ 
For all my friends who are hurting and struggling, who are going through tough seasons and are basically non-existent emotionally, I hope this post is encouraging to you. Nobody wants to hurt or be depressed, and it's torture when you know you just "aren't right" and don't want to be this way. What now? http://joyfilleddays.com/for-when-you-are-not-okay/ 
Worth the time to listen to, no matter how long you have been a Christian or not https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/jen-wilkin-how-quiet-time-should-change-you 


Excited to be part of Lisa's new book launch, she is sharing a powerful message we all need. Pre-order + Get Bonuses at WarriorBootsBook.com

This book that I am also on a launch team for is perfect for the season I am in. Pre-order to get free bonus gifts and access to the book club. http://www.whispersofrest.com Whispers of Rest is a unique 40-day devotional detox that will guide you to a place of intimate rest with God.

Snapshots of our week:
Love this girls creativity, she made herself a fish tank!

My Saturday night! Spoiled dog, oh Zeke!

Playing in the dirt, which has turned to mud from the rain. they wild o this for hours, proof you don't need a bunch of toys!

Look at this cutie, out having donuts with dad! Chocolate goodness!

When it is a beautiful day, we go to the golf course.

This is was one of the sections we read this week during our Bible lesson this week. We must have truth and love!

Whoohoo garden is finally planted, thanks to my hubs who has the green-thumb in the family. I can keep children alive, but plants are another thing.



4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun week! My oldest spend an hour in the rain today fishing and trying to catch minnows. Such simple pleasures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've begun our mud season, too. The kids are in heaven! :)

    I'm with you about being ready for a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mud season ;) One more week!! Go homeschooling mama!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.