Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Journey of FAITH



Journey of FAITH
 
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.

For some faith is hard to understand, but it takes us believing what you know to be true and then not only that, but acting on what you know is true! Do you believe? Do you act on it? Or are you holding yourself back, and not experiencing true faith? Right beliefs, lead to right action.

One way to act in our faith is the next time an attack from satan comes, let’s raise the shield of faith (Ephesians 6:16) and remember satan is a liar, deceiver, manipulator, seeking to destroy us. He will use things to distract you, situations, people you know, and strangers to do this. So let’s stand strong in our faith through Jesus Christ. Believe God and His Word! Pray for His strength to cover our weaknesses. There is power in prayer, and I need Him every moment!

I know I won’t always get this right, so why I need to abide in God and be aware of the evil that tries to entangle me. When I am abiding, I will be better able to respond to situations, my feelings, and the people around me.  So then, I might not sin and mess up. When I do fail and God knows I do, HE gave me grace. So I will repent and continue to grow in my faith. Let us not misuse the grace HE gives us, but instead trust in our faith and act on it! How thankful I am for the love of Jesus!

This is why Proverbs 3:5-6 is my life verse, so I can remind myself, and when I don’t understand, I have faith in my Jesus!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.


When you don't move the mountains
I'm needing you to move
When you don't part the waters
I wish I could walk through
When you don't give the answers
As I cry out to you
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in you



 ➽📓Linking up with Coffee for Your Heart weekly link-up 💕 and
From Messes to Messages   
Porch Storiesand Fresh Market Friday


2 comments:

  1. I do love that Lauren Daigle song too, Jennie! And your thoughts here are so true. I was just talking with a group of women the other day about this. Unfortunately, it felt as if my words fell to the ground around me. They were content to have God be manageable and "bite-sized" in their lives instead of digging deep into God's Word and swimming around. My heart breaks over this, for they are close friends of mine. So I am going to start praying that their hunger for God grows deeper and more compelling with each passing day. Thanks for your heart that hungers for God and reveals how very much you taste and see that He is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God has placed the word Abide on my heart so much lately and it has woken me up. Praying, praying, praying, for you, for them, for me, for others.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.