Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Post Mother's Day Encouragement and Put Your Warrior Boots on! Link-ups

In this journey of faith, I sometimes think it would be easier and more peaceful to keep quiet, keep my faith private, live in isolation, but then God tells us that isn't what we are to do. We are to share our faith, to plant seeds, and many times we wait and wait, and sometimes never see the fruit from it. However, God's will is being done and He will fill you with unending joy and give you the strength to endure! Let's not give up sharing truth and encouraging others to know Jesus. Jesus gave us the command to go into the world to share the gospel.
Raising children in this world, being a truth teller, sharing God's Word and wisdom isn't easy, but if we love people, truly love people, we will want them to now the truth. Right? This book I am reading by Lisa Whittle, Put Your Warrior Boots shares that the most important, life-saving truth is knowing Jesus as our Savior. If we take Jesus seriously and love people, we will desire to share the truth. I couldn't agree more, it was convicting, I don't share nearly enough, as I should. People are seeking, searching to figure out who they are, what is their purpose, but what we miss often times because the world is loud and says the opposite, is that who we are and our purpose all come from God! To understand this we need to truly know Him and share Him with those around us. I am a wife and a mom and those closest to me are my children, so my first calling is to point them to Christ. But it doesn't stop there!


I shared on Mother's Day on social media that parenting isn't always easy and I am not perfect, many times I question myself, and so why I need Jesus!! I know there are many people that read my blog I don't personally know and also, friends and family. What I want to encourage you, if you are a believer is to keep doing what is right, sharing God's Word with them, praying for them, and living the example Jesus gave us. Our children are watching us and hear us, even when I think they are not. This I know, as my son asked Jesus to be his Savior last week. We go to church and share Jesus daily with them. This was a decision He made on his own with Jesus, he wouldn't have known Jesus if he didn't have people in his life to show him the way. It is so important we share our faith and live our faith daily, not just Sundays. Also many times my daughter will quote me, which is good most of the time, when I am doing it right. So they are watching us!! It does matter! However, we are not perfect people and that is OK, because Jesus is, and He will help us! It won't be easy and satan would like nothing more than to keep you from your godly role and miss out on the calling God gave you. We need to rise up in this world and let Christ rule us, so we can help those around us and the next generation. If you don't have a relationship with Jesus, start praying, He will hear you, start reading the Bible, find a godly mentor, a Biblical church, and devote yourself to the Lord. These words from Lisa's book "God wants honor. He wants commitment. He wants gratitude. He wants wild, devoted love. He wants to be first. He wants them to remember. He wants them to be honest with themselves about their heart condition. (she is sharing about the reminders from God in Deuteronomy 29:5-9 that Moses was sharing). God wants the same things of us today." Oh, how I need these reminders! Maybe you too?  

I like to point you to some verses that have encouraged me and remind us what we are to do and why:
Deuteronomy 6:6-9 And you must think constantly about these commandments I am giving you today. You must teach them to your children and talk about them when you are at home or out for a walk; at bedtime and the first thing in the morning. Tie them on your finger, wear them on your forehead, and write them on the doorposts of your house!

Psalms 78:1-7 O my people, listen to my teaching. Open your ears to what I am saying. For I will show you lessons from our history, stories handed down to us from former generations. I will reveal these truths to you so that you can describe these glorious deeds of Jehovah to your children and tell them about the mighty miracles he did. For he gave his laws to Israel and commanded our fathers to teach them to their children, so that they in turn could teach their children too. Thus his laws pass down from generation to generation. In this way each generation has been able to obey his laws and to set its hope anew on God and not forget his glorious miracles.

2 Timothy 3:14-15 But you must keep on believing the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know that you can trust those of us who have taught you. You know how, when you were a small child, you were taught the holy Scriptures; and it is these that make you wise to accept God’s salvation by trusting in Christ Jesus.

I encourage you to check out Lisa Whittle's new book, it is a book for us to encourage us in our faith, prayer, to walk in authority of God, put on God's armour, to be Jesus strong, be prepared and able, because Jesus is enough. I encourage you also to check out these blogs I link up with for some encouragement in faith. This will be my last blog link up for a while, taking a break. Doesn't mean I won't stop reading though and sharing weekly encouragement, along with some reviews and giveaways as they come up. Time for a little refocus on some things God is calling my attention to. Much love to my readers, friends, and family! If you are in need of prayer, someone to talk with, or encouragement to grow and stay strong in your faith, contact me. We need each other!  πŸ’—


➽πŸ““Linking up with Coffee for Your Heart weekly link-up πŸ’• and
From Messes to Messages   
Porch Storiesand Fresh Market Friday

12 comments:

  1. Yes to this!!! God wants honor. He wants commitment. He wants gratitude. He wants wild, devoted love. He wants to be first. He wants them to remember. He wants them to be honest with themselves about their heart condition. Thanks for sharing on Fresh Market Friday Linkup:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! Yes those words got me too! 😊

      Delete
  2. I think we live in a society--even Christian culture--that has gotten lazy or at least lax on sharing our faith, Jennie, so this is such an important reminder. I'm so glad that you're reading and sharing about this inspiring book. I've seen other bloggers mention it too, so I'll have to check it out! I also find that my mission field might not look like the average person's--since I try to reach those I meet in the blogosphere or through social media whenever I can. The world has gotten a whole lot more accessible through the Internet. Thanks for this challenge, my friend! Keep being Jesus to a watching world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad, it seems that we have lost what being a believer is and how we are to be transformed. So many people wandering around lost. So thankful for you Beth and your encouragement.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed Lisa Whittle's book, I Want God so I am going to check this one out as well. It sounds like she is bringing reminders that are both powerful and needed by us all. Thank you for sharing about this book. May you have a wonderful break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes powerful reminders. So thankful she wrote this book, I needed it. Thanks Joanne!!

      Delete
  4. Yes our children are watching us. My sons are grown, but when they first repeat your words back to you for good or bad you know the power your words truly have for them. Your words are truth and I love that you shared Jesus and how important He is on our lives whether young or old. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus is everything. So blessed by you!!

      Delete
  5. Love for others = sharing our faith. Words, actions, prayers. It takes many forms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does πŸ’– Thanks for being an encourager also. 😊

      Delete
  6. Reminds me of how in my late twenties I finally got the notion that God didn't want to be a part of my life, He wanted to be my life. What a difference?! Since then, I have been blown away about how following hard after God is the best thing about this life. Great postπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes HE is, not easy, but oh so worth it. πŸ™Œ❤

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.