Friday, June 16, 2017

Summer mode: Weekly encouragement and snapshots!

So since it is summer, our schedule is a little different, less sitting and learning, more exploring, spending time together relaxing, lots of play time, and getting together with friends. We certainly took advantage of that this week, yes, even this introvert, can you believe it! Since I am spending less time on the PC and social media these days, I am going to do a little different format to my weekly blog post. I will still share some snapshots of our week and encouraging links, but also share some quotes and scripture from my journal notebook. Some people call these commonplace notebooks, but I have been writing quotes, thoughts, scripture, prayers, and blessings before it was the thing to do. So call it what you may, here are a few (and when I say it is just a few, I write pages and pages a week in my notebooks) written words for you to ponder on, much like I am doing:
  • Choose to be kind. Choosing kindness takes courage~from the book Uncommon by Carey Scott
  • Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle. Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality. Romans 12:9-13 msg, from the Bible of course 
  • We are all under God's authority. ~ from For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
  • Change your habits and you can change anything into a possibility. Make gratitude your attitude of habit. Habits are the spine of our self-control. To love your life, do nothing with rush or resentment. When you work faithfully, creativity comes faithfully, keep sowing. Read more words on paper than on screens. A habit of hope can resuscitate anything. ~words from Ann Voskamp
  • As long as you are breathing, it's not too late to be the person you hope to be. ~from Only Love Today by Rachel Marcy Stafford
  • We want an education which shall nourish the mind while not neglecting either physical or vocational training. In short, we want a working philosophy of education. ~from Charlotte Mason Volume 6 
  • Sometimes the most holy thing we can do is be still. ~from Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner
  • Do we publicly use HIS name for my own glory? "Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order tobe  seen by them...Matthew 6:1 It's all about the heart. Each time we call out HIS name publicly, we must carefully examine; am I doing this to be impressive,or  am I doing this because HE's impressive? ~from She Reads Truth, prayer in the Bible
  • Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little. Then He said to her, your sins are forgiven. Luke 7:47-48 Bible
Encouraging reads: 
I share a lot about books and read a lot, but this is the book that I love and is alive!!! “The Bible is a living book that has lasted already more than 2500 years and even though scientists, scholars, and archaeologists have tried to pull it apart they have not been able to stop God’s Word from spreading all over the world… just as Jesus predicted.” http://annvoskamp.com/2017/06/dear-christian-why-you-never-have-to-be-ashamed-of-the-bible-stand-with-the-one-million-who-honor-the-bible/ 
4 Crazy Things People Say When They Find Out We Homeschool https://www.sonlight.com/blog/crazy-things-people-say.html 
I have a dream (lol)… The dream is me always smiling. I stand in my kitchen watching over my children while we homeschool happily. I am always dressed to perfection and own a spectacular apron which personifies the glory of homemaking. There are fresh-baked cookies in the oven ready for my family to devour. We get through our lessons with little fuss, anxious to continue exploring. We play games together, cook together, and we are constantly encouraging each other. https://thehomeschoolmomblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/the-dream/ 
For reals, haha 10 Things I Hate About Homeschooling http://hifalutinhomeschooler.com/10-things-i-hate-about-homeschooling/ 
They are little sinners, and they are immature, and we are too. https://thebeautifulordinary.net/2017/06/09/children-are-the-pruning-shears-patience/
 Simply endure. Two little words… one big command. http://careyscott.org/how-to-find-hope-in-hard-places/ 
our home is simply one context provided for the freedom of our making. It is our canvas. http://www.storywarren.com/the-art-of-days-part-one/ 
Because of Jesus, no matter what, you’ve got this…I’ve got this… even when we feel like we don’t. http://lisawhittle.com/need-know-life-live-now/

Snapshots from our week:

Ready for movie and pizza night, watching Trolls again and she is rocking it with Troll rings!
PJs and ice cream for dessert!
Saturday was fun day at home, but definitely need to up-size in our pool. Not so little anymore!
Bless, she fell asleep while reading.
Little man watching the road crew retarring our road from afar!

From the book Women Who Move Mountains


➽📓Linking up with Coffee for Your Heart weekly link-up 💕 and
From Messes to Messages   
Porch Storiesand Fresh Market Friday




2 comments:

  1. Loved your change of pace and your "random list" of writings was a huge encouragement to me today. The one that really grabbed on "As long as you are breathing, it's not too late to be the person you hope to be" Amen to that and thank you so much. Linked up nearby at Porch Stories. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement and I may just keep this new format. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.