Friday, June 23, 2017

Weekly rewind, commonplace notes, encouragement, and snapshots!

Welcome and thanks for stopping by for some encouragement and small peek into our week! Happy Summer!! I'm on a somewhat of a writing and computer break.

Thank you Jesus! Posted from our homeschool umbrella!

Love this truth posted by Blue Chair Blessing!
Commonplace Notes:

  • You remember that: Love only wins when we lose our lives for others. Love only wins when we die to self so He gets the victory. Love only wins when we live given.~Ann Voskamp
  • As Christians, we need to live deliberately…"...giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love." 2 Peter 1:2-8
  • “This job has been given to me to do. Therefore, it is a gift. Therefore, it is a privilege. Therefore, it is an offering I may make to God. Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is done for Him. Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God’s way. In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness.” ~Elisabeth Elliot
  • A person is not built up from without but from within.~Charlotte Mason Philosophy of Education Vol. 6
  • Trying + failing =learning ~Chasing Slow, Erin Loechner
  • Small actions make a difference.~Only Love Today
  • "Life will never be meaningful "under the sun" until we made contact with the ONE who is above the sun. Those who try to find meaning with out living their lives to the Creator inevitably see life as an "interminable soap-opera". Is it any wonder?"~Every day with Jesus Daily Bible

Encouraging blog post reads:
Human life—every choice, every thought, every word, every deed, and every attitude—really, truly matters. As you awaken to that, you awaken to the fact that you really need help. You’re able to say, “God, I really need you. I need your strength. I need your forgiveness. Give me the grace to care about things that really matter.” https://www.ccef.org/resources/blog/open-letter-apathetic-sanctification 
“We are women, and my plea is Let me be a woman, holy through and through, asking for nothing but what God wants to give me, receiving with both hands and with all my heart whatever that is” http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/peaches-in-paradise 
Live the gospel in the things that no one sees. Sacrifice for your children in places that only they will know about. Put their value ahead of yours. Grow them up in the clean air of gospel living. Your testimony to the gospel in the little details of your life is more valuable to them than you can imagine http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/motherhood-is-a-calling-and-where-your-children-rank 
Will you proudly bear the family name – Christian – and dedicate your life to the family business? http://www.sarahkoontz.com/christian-life/ 
From one of my favorite online devotionals...A real encounter with Jesus changes everything. https://lovegodgreatly.com/follow-no-matter-the-cost/


Weekly snapshots (just a small peek into our lives):

Last Sunday was Father's Day and I am so blessed to be this man's wife and him the father of our children. He is truly one of the best. I love him more and more everyday! I am thankful for the hard work he does to provide for us, the fun he brings to our family, and being his partner in training up these little arrows!

Of course this is my daddy, who helped raise me to be the person I am today. I think he did a great job, wink-wink! But seriously he is the best daddy!

Not sure who I was teaching to one morning this week, but we had fun learning! Summer homeschooling, because leanring never stops!

This is from game 3 of our season, I love the team atmoshpere of the PGA Junior League, this is Abigail and her team-mate.

It's a ruff-life, dog days of summer!

Mowing grass, I wonder if the is ready for the real mower, hmmm. They really need to make kid sized mowers that actually work, LOL! He sure is a little cutie though!
Quiet peaceful night, a beautiful reminder of this truth..Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
I stand in awe, what a blessed beautiful sunset the Lord has made!

Nature study this week was Blue Heron, we choose this bird since we have one that visits our pond. Not easy to draw.

➽📓Linking up with Coffee for Your Heart weekly link-up 💕 and
From Messes to Messages   
Porch Storiesand Fresh Market Friday

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing some snapshots into your life! You're so lucky to have taught a superhero! Blessings on you and your family over the summer! I'm visiting you today from Coffee For Your Heart Linkup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.