Monday, June 12, 2017

Women Who Move Mountains~Praying with Confidence, Boldness, and Grace ~ review

Ladies, this new book by Sue Detweiler,Women Who Move Mountains~Praying with Confidence, Boldness, and Grace is much more then just a book to read, it is full of godly wisdom of how to overcome some of the many challenges we face in our lives being wives and mothers in this world. She shares stories from women who have overcome anxiety, depression, addiction, abuse, etc... Her story of how she came to believe and journey is so very encouraging. I have been reading through the book and doing the Bible study portion she provides for each chapter. I am half-way through, but already know enough that this a book I would recommend. I just finished chapter 10 of how to learn to pray with peace and help with overcoming anxiety, working through Psalm 37. Anyone that knows me personally,  knows I have had bouts of dealing with anxiety and panic attacks, and I am thankful because of God that I haven't had a panic attack in a few years, so this chapter really resonated with me. This is not some book you will read through quickly, but will want to take the time to do the study part, to get in the Word and pray through it yourself or with some other women. I look forward to finishing the book over the next month, learning from her stories and wisdom, but most importantly growing in faith while going through the Bible sections in the book and hearing from God. 

"Prayer is a natural as breathing. Prayer should not be restricted to certain times of the day or week when we have quiet time. Prayer is living and active. Prayer is not perfectly contained in a checklist. 
Prayer is not "doing our religious duty." We are called to pray big, risky prayers that require an answer from the ONE who is more powerful than anyone in the universe. 
Most important, prayer is about knowing God intimately. it is about struggling to give birth to God's purposes. And it is about embracing the sweet presence of God and allowing the wind of HIS Spirit to blow freely."

"Without prayer, I didn't have a compass for my life. I spent most of my life just reacting. There are things that happen in life to this day, and all I can do is pray. I can't fix it. I can't change it. But I can pray. We have a to pray with a surrendered heart. That's when we find HIS healing."




(“Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Many thanks to Bethany House Publication for providing me with this book for review. My review are my own thoughts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.