Friday, August 25, 2017

August 25: Weekly rewind, commonplace notes, encouragement, and snapshots!

So hard to believe this is the last full week of August, where has summer gone? But I have to admit I am ready for some fall weather! We had a great week in homeschooling this week!! We finished week 5!! This week I visited with a friend about homeschooling, she and her husband had some questions and are looking into it for their family. Which I think is so wonderful and I love sharing our homeschool journey with others. I encourage anyone that is thinking about homeschooling to pray and do some research, you really can't go wrong homeschooling your children. My husband and I both agree it is one of the best decisions we made, even though at first he was a little reluctant. As a Christian, I also trust God has a plan and He will bring us through the other side of this in years to come. It isn't always easy, but oh so worth it and that is how most things in life here on earth are. This week was also our first day of co-op for the new homeschooling year! The kids are enjoying their classes and it is great to see so many of our friends again!

Going to keep this short this week, as I have some reading and book reviews to write about. So many great books are coming out over the next month, I am looking forward to sharing. This is definitely one of the benefits to blogging, being a part of book launches, but also I have made some great friends too through it.
Watch for some upcoming reviews on these books releasing soon: Deeper Waters by Denise Hughes, Becoming Mom Strong by Heidi St. John, Daring To Hope by Katie Davis Majors, Fierced Hearted by Holley Gerth, and Walk It Out by Tricia Goyer.

Commonplace Notes:
  • History is something worth digging into, because history is more than just a sense of dates on a time-line. History is really HIStory-God's story, the unfolding of the Master's plan. ~ Mom Strong
  • Love must be God-centered or it is not true love. ~ John Piper
  • Our souls wait for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him, because we trust in His holy name. Let Your lovingkindness, O Lord, be upon us, according as we have hoped in You. ~Psalm 33:20-22
  • When we plant our roots deep, nourished by the living water of the Word, we become a glorious display of the Lord's splendor.~Deeper Waters
  • The heart cannot love what the mind does not know.~Women of the Word

Encouraging Reads:
I rarely read news articles posted on social media, I go to the source. If we are going to be reading these articles we need to also ponder the truth of it….As people of the Truth, we bear double responsibility to ensure our facts are straight, our knowledge is accurate, our convictions shaped by reality. Today, more than ever, we need to read deeply and consider wisely. Today, more than ever, we cannot allow our opinions to be formed by mere headlines. Until you read the article, don’t believe the headline! https://www.challies.com/articles/today-more-than-ever-read-beyond-the-headlines/
God of Truth, Logic, Wisdom, and direction http://sallyclarkson.com/blog/2017/8/17/prioritizing-gods-word
Check out this post and a new book coming soon, plus I am excited to help share the message…Have you heard the rumor? I have to admit it’s true. I am not a superwoman. Yes, that’s right. I’ll admit it here. http://www.triciagoyer.com/rumor-true/

We need to understand this deep in our souls and guard against it, because if we’re in a battle (and the Bible clearly says we are), it makes perfect sense that the devil would choose to use offenses to trap and enslave us. http://heidistjohn.com/blog/current-events/devastating-distraction-the-snare-of-offense

Peek into our week:

We spent another Saturday at the Nature Center, learning about amphibians and made toad-fairy houses.
 

We also ran into lots of familiar faces!
Special day, little man received his certificate and is ready for the next level of The Mailbox Club!
Thankful to have been able to watch the eclipse with my family!
Having fun with dad, doing a little yard work!

Hoping to catch the big one! Man and his dog! Oh Zeke!
Daddy's nail salon is now open!
As per my hubby, driving lessons now in session. He started them with how to stop and go, and ended with hot to whip a cookie! Eeck my mama heart!
One of my peaceful places!
Unique cloud formation! Made by our God!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.