I have so many notes and highlights throughout this book I love to share, but will share just a few, otherwise this would be a very long post.
- Our priority must be hearing from the Lord in every aspect of our lives. If we're not listening for the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit, we're more likely to fall victim to the latest and greatest parenting fad or to get sucked into the trap of believing we can do it with out the Lord, and that is exactly what the enemy wants.
- As parents, we're accountable for training our children in righteousness. The results are up to God.
- History is worth digging into, because history is more than just a sense of dates on a timeline. History is really HIStory-God's story-the unfolding of the Master's plan.
- You are preparing warriors who at some point will be asked to choose between following God's law and following the culture.
- In this culture of "tolerance", we should expect to be rejected. The way of the cross is to live in full view of the world but to keep our eyes on Jesus. If we're going to live counter-culturally, we need to know who God says we are.
- The point is that we need to surrender ourselves to what God wants us to do. We need to be willing to do what He says is best, not what our flesh wants or what the world says we should do.
- The journey we are on is designed to help us trust God in ways we don't expect and can't foresee.
- MomStrong mom doesn't trust in her own abilities, she trusts in a strong sovereign God.
- Invest in friendships with women who are not afraid to bring you into the light. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Life is found in the light of truth, and the truth is found in the Word of God.
- Hope that is based on faith in Jesus Christ floats, even in the midst of an ocean of grief and suffering, because when we place our hope in Him alone, our hope is never misplaced. Though we suffer loss and rejection, we don't grieve like the world grieves. We grieve with hope.
- Spending time with the Lord is non-negotiable if you want to become the mother God created you to be. You have to make time for God, not excuses.
- Our kids can't afford to have moms who are burned out and checked out. They need us to be all in...We're often too distracted to ask God for help with our daily challenges. And Satan loves it when we're too busy to pray. A mom who is too busy to seek the Lord in prayer is easy prey for the devil!
- By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.~2 Peter 1:3. By His divine power, we can understand God's standard for living a godly life...We need to teach our children that their worth comes from God, and we can't do that unless we believe it too.
- God trusts us to raise His children. They're not really ours, after all. They're on loan to us from the Creator. Our job is to train these precious children to hear God's still, small voice above, all the other voices competing for their attention-both today and in the years to come.
- God isn't silent on the issues we're facing today...We need to know the truth and stand firm in it. Truth matters to God, so it should matter to us.
Heidi has some pre-sale freebies for those that order the book before it releases on September 19 at https://heidistjohn.com/author/becoming-momstrong