Friday, September 8, 2017

Break Week!!! Thankfulness, Encouragement, and Snapshots!

This week was break week in our homeschooling! It was time for a break, as we completed 6 weeks of school, so we took a parent-teacher-student in-service, so to speak! We had birthday celebrating to do, as my daughter turned 9, oh my! I also needed to prep and plan our next six weeks of learning time! This is the time I give the house a little extra attention too, along with projects and book piles that need attending to.

I finished Daring To Hope and can not wait to share it with you all!
This week so many things to be thankful for, family time, beautiful weather, but as my hubs and I were sitting outside one night after a day of celebrating our daughter's birthday, I realized not only is she nine, but we have been parents for nine years also!! So many thoughts went through my head at that moment. How much I have changed since becoming a mom. The challenges parenting sometimes bring. Also, the joys that parenting brings. I do feel that so far we have done a good job, I mean the children are all alive, right!? But in all seriousness, it is all because of Jesus that we have done as well as we have on this parenting journey so far. Reminds me how much I need my Lord and how much I need to trust and rely on my Lord in all things. Parents, this parenting job is one the most important things God has given us to do, and I want to be glorifying HIM with it! My children are a gift given to me from the Lord, and my children need me to help show them the way with my Lord leading me!
Proverbs 22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Deuteronomy 6:5-9  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
Isaiah 38:19 The living, the living, he thanks you, as I do this day; the father makes known to the children Your faithfulness.

Psalm 78:4  We will not conceal them from their children, But tell to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, And His strength and His wondrous works that He has done.
Ephesians 6:4 Do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Encouraging reads:
We all want our children to understand their value, their true self-worth. But, we want them to focus on the truth. The truth is we aren’t good or wonderful, on our own. The truth is our value lies in Christ and who He is. When we help our children refocus their thinking, removing their eyes off themselves and putting them on Christ, they will see a true reflection of what they are worth. They were created by a loving God who sent His Son to die for them, calls them His own, loves them so much He knows everything about them, and has a plan for their lives. https://thehomeschoolmomblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/08/the-truth-about-self-worth/
Dress rehearsals might be helpful in the theater, but they are pretty pointless in matters of real life. Jesus doesn’t come to our dress rehearsal. But come show time, He always shows up, and the whole script changes. http://www.liverightlovewell.com/live-right-love-well/2017/8/28/tragic
Prayer changes us from the inside out and invites God to work in our lives and the lives of those around us. http://www.journeytoimperfect.com/2017/09/05/6-powerful-verses-pray-over-relationships/

By God’s grace your ministry as a mother will not be in vain. There will be fruit. The fruit may not come as quickly as you would wish. Parenting—by its very nature, you don’t see instant results.
No job on earth takes more physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual strength than being a good wife and mother. If a woman is looking for the easy life, she might try teaching tennis, cutting diamonds, or joining a roller derby team. There is nothing easy about good mothering. It can be back-breaking, heart-wrenching and anxiety-producing. And that’s just the morning. https://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/revive-our-hearts/gods-beautiful-design-women-day-26/

Snapshots, peek into our week:

My men ❤ heading out dove hunting!
Little man and his first dove!
Fun family day out at Land Between the Lakes and the Homeplace!
Beautiful night for a walk and seeing our neighbor's 🐎 So thankful for these two blessings! Happy Labor Day!
Happy 9th Birthday to our baby girl today! You are so loved!! We are so blessed to have you as our daughter!!!
New wheels for the birthday girl!
Working on sewing skills.
Doing her favorite thing! Thankful for great neighbors.
Thankful for a beautiful day celebrating our daughter's birthday together as family! Now the hubs and I are enjoying a peaceful night on the deck! We realized that we have been parents for 9 years!!
This just melts my heart ❤ hubby and the kids sitting by the pond, talking, and enjoying a beautiful morning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.