Friday, September 1, 2017

SEPTEMBER!!! Weekly rewind, commonplace notes, encouragement, and snapshots!

Wow, September is here, to which I say bring on the sweatshirts and birthdays! I say that because I have several family members and friends with birthdays in September, so let the celebrating begin!!

In reality, I don't feel much like celebrating, I am tired! Homeschooling is not easy work, now don't get me wrong, I love doing it and would not change it. However, it involves prep work, lots of reading, and sitting with each of my children going over lessons. Listening to my little one learning to read takes a lot of patience, which is not something I have mastered yet, though God sure is teaching me! So why I need Jesus every moment, it is through His strength and God's Word that I am able to do this!

This upcoming week is a break week for us, to which I will celebrate and my beautiful daughter will be turning 9. Which made me realize it is the last year of the single digits, next year it is double digits numbers, to which I don't even want to think about. Parenting is hard, my heart loves them so much and doesn't want to see them grow up and go out into the world, but yet it is the job the Lord has given me, and I am doing my best to lead them in the right way and trust God in it.

This week, I have been watching the news and seeing all the pics of Texas, as I am sure many of you have also. It breaks my heart, we lived in Corpus Christi and Houston area for seven years. So I know the areas that have been affected by Hurricane Harvey, I have many friends that have been affected too. All are safe, which is a praise! I know God is working out things for the good, and I see people giving and helping one another, which is such a blessing to see. I know it will take time for them to recover and I pray for them daily, and I know the light of God overcomes all darkness. But still just imagining what they are going through and the struggle, I know it isn't easy, but it reminds me that with God all things are possible. May we each do what we can to help, to give, but most importantly to not cease praying for them! Prayer is powerful!

I finished up a great book recently, Deeper Waters by Denise Hughes which reminded me the importance of studying God's Word (check out her article here on 10 ways http://denisejhughes.com/tips-quiet-time/ and currently I am reading Walk It Out by Tricia Goyer a book about the importance of walking out our faith and God's commands. If you are in a time in your life where you need encouragement in these two areas, which I didn't realize it but I do, you may want to check out these two books.

Also if you need encouragement in how to be strong in the Lord as a mother, then Heidi St. John's book Becoming Mom Strong is for you. She also offers monthly scripture writing plans, which I took a break from this summer, but am looking forward to getting back to a writing plan, it helps me to stay focused. Check out her book and plan at her blog:https://heidistjohn.com/

Encouraging reads:
Three hours in prayer. (Not a moment too soon.) http://designformankind.com/2017/08/pause/
Sometimes, I think, we forget that or spiritual journey is an all-out war. http://www.karipatterson.com/spiritual-one-two-punch/
I truly like this and want to do something like this…The Manifesto is our commitment to remembering what matters in parenting. https://www.jenoshman.com/jen-oshman-blog/2017/8/29/remembering-and-recommitting-to-our-parenting-manifesto
So many stories are emerging from the wreckage of south Texas. But, this is the one that wrecks me. One tiny girl, clinging to the body that brought her into this world, holding tight to the mama who gave of herself in every possible way. Plucked from the choppy water. Kept by God. Sheltered by her sweet mother and a multitude of angels. https://yourmomhasablog.com/2017/08/30/the-god-of-the-hurricane/
The truth is, every ordinary day, with all its regular routines and tedious tasks, is teeming with opportunity to turn us into women of freedom, purpose, and joy. http://simplehomeschool.net/sacredmundane/


Snapshots, peek into our week:

He is so excited, we finished our favorite read aloud!! Guess what movie we are watching tonight for Friday pizza movie night?

Journaling Bible verse of the week. O Lord, our Lord how majestic is Your name in all the earth

Happy Sunday!! Ready to go worship with our church family ❤ with these blessings!

Someone has an upcoming birthday and has started to receive gifts from our northern family.

From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised. Psalm 113:3

Now that is some happy mail, M&Ms!!

More Happy Birthday mailed arrived from our northern family. Can you tell she loves books, art, and bright colors!

And a new outfit for her doll Elizabeth!
Little man working hard on reading.

Bible and art lesson, learning about Rahab.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.